Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Final Countdown!!!

The last two days of classes are this Monday and Tuesday. I can’t wait. I am tired and overwhelmed by the loss of my job and frankly I am ready for some sort of vacation.
I won’t be working my traditional Extended School Year Summer School program this year which is disappointing but it brings me a much needed break for the summer months.
This past week has been hellish in the stress department; I have been working hard to help my co-teacher get my students lab qualified. So much so that it affected my dreams! I will try to illustrate it for you…
I am running around a science lab trying to help my students become lab qualified, they need 1200 lab minutes in order to take their living environment regents and NYS has put a deadline on when the lab minutes needed to be completed (this is not actually true…yet). The deadline passes and I am running around sneaking my students into my office to try and get them lab qualified. Only to be dodging anyone in authority. I am franticly rushing them, only to have one of them squirt me in the face with a hose…It was nice of them to say thanks for the help in that manner...
That snapped me out of dead sleep. I actually sat up and looked around my bedroom, and then immediately checked to make sure I wasn’t soaking wet.
So stress has been affecting my sleep, but thankfully not my determination to eat healthy.
I have been doing much better with regards to snacking, and eating fairly clean has been giving me decent results. I have noticed little changes; a muscle that shows now that didn’t show before, a little more energy… After having a lengthy discussion with Jamie I decided weight watchers wasn’t the answer for me. It helped a lot in the beginning but I realized I was just scared to take the step into an actual, excuse free healthy lifestyle.
Goldfish however, still remain one of my weakness. Damn that crunchy, salty, cheesy little cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment