Monday, June 4, 2012

Boys Are Back in Townnnn!!!

Well the boy’s aren’t exactly back in town but my BESTIE Katie and her husband sure are! It was a long week filled with lonely workouts and couch potato-ing. But I still managed to make it to the gym 5 times, despite being laid off in the process!
Yes, I said laid off. I know. It sucks. I am really upset by the whole thing, and the hardest part about it is that I was completely blind-sided. I was under the impression that there would be no teachers being laid off this year. But much to my surprise there were, and of the 25 or so special ed. teachers that were laid off, my number was pulled (for the fourth straight year in a row).  Now I get to spend the summer collecting unemployment hoping I can return to my current high school.
In addition to getting the pink slip, which was by the way a nice crisp white paper with Q&A’s all over it. Please, don’t they know I’ve been through this already! This weekend was littered with non-clean, non-diet friendly food, and T’s tator tots… TWICE. But it was all worth it. Friday night I got to go out on a date with Jamie, we saw Snow White and the Huntsman which was ok... I thought Kristen Stewart could have been less mopey and more heroic, but I was entertained none the less. I got to see my sisters, mom and beautiful nieces Saturday for breakfast, and Sunday I was reunited with my Fluve Love Club members Katie and Jason.
My goals remain the same for now, and may actually be super obtainable considering I will be spending my summer going to the gym, gardening, tanning and swimming… Sounds tough right?! Well, I would actually trade it all for job security, but in the meantime, this is my path!
I got myself started on a healthy foot this morning. I had Natural Peanut Butter and Whole Wheat English Muffin for breakfast, fruit and proteins for lunch, and a healthy bean filled casserole for dinner. I can’t wait.

As a sweet treat… I am shameless pedaling the most delicious non-hydrogenated peanut butter I have ever had. It is made by peanut principle, I believe it is local; you can get it from the public market or the web. But when I say delicious, I mean mouthwatering combinations of peanut butter and cookie dough, and its lower in fat and calories than traditional peanut butter. I am drooling just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment