Monday, May 28, 2012

Wild times at Wildwoods

We spent our weekend cozied up in our camper next to our friends Jeff and Brenda (and their two adorable little daughters) at a campground in Medina NY. The weather fully cooperated allowing me to get the glowing tan I had anticipated and desired.
The camp ground was nice, we had full hook-ups (for all those non-campers out there it means that we had electric, water and sewage hook ups for our camper). There were lots of things to do for the kiddies although we choose to take walks, play with play-dough and generally stay in our own self-contained area, and enjoy the company of our friends.
Love!!!
Jamie and I had set out with “camping healthy” in mind, which turned out quite well. We grilled up chicken, turkey burgers and Jamie ate some Salmon burgers (gross…) but he said they were delicious! We were able to boil up corn on the cob, and salt potatoes and kept our snacking to a minimum.
We did well but the last we could call ourselves was saint-like. I mean I did eat my fair share, as well as a few extra smore’s but I am not going to be too hard on myself about it. I mean the FIRST thing I did after greeting my much missed puppies and unpacking the camper was head to the gym and pick up the weights.

One of our roaring fires (perfect for smores
by the way)

Speaking of weight, I am holding strong at 168… I am hoping to be down another 10 in a month or so, my plan is to tighten up my snacking habits by doing two things:
1.       Not keeping anything that could be misconstrued into a snack in my house.
2.       Work eating 4-5 small meals a day.
I believe this is safe enough for now.
I don’t know about anyone out there but the time between after work out and cooking dinner is the hardest. I think I snack the entire time I cook, and I believe it is because I am completely depleted. My plan is to have a pre-work out bite (as in apple, banana or peanut butter (natural of course) with almonds) as well as a post-work out protein shake in order to beat the snacking epidemic that has run rampant on my counter as I cook.

I swiped this picture off of the website
but to be honest it looks just like that
when you cook it!!!
***As a side note, I bought a new cook book that I have been using twice a week and it had the best recipe for grilled broccoli. It is perfect for summertime grilling and really, really easy!!! Ithinking of adding cauliflower next time for some variation. Click here for the recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment