Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Healthy Start


Thursday morning I decided I was going to eat a healthy hearty breakfast. I whipped up a spinach and turkey sausage breakfast burrito. Here is the recipe:
Pre-Wrapping

1 whole egg
¼ of Egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
1 teaspoon of red hot (it helps boost the metabolism and adds flavor! Yay)
½ chopped spinach
2 Turkey Sausage Links
2 tablespoons 2% sharp cheddar
1 whole wheat fajita size burrito
Post-Wrap, Pre-spill all over myself in the car...
Begin by stirring Spinach, Red Hot, and Eggs over medium heat. I scrambled my eggs but you could totally fry them or cook them to your liking. Then at the point of almost done, I added my cut up turkey links. After cooking the egg all the way, I dumped the mixture into my whole wheat burrito with the cheese, folded it up and threw it back in the pan and grilled it on either side.
It was the best way to start my day! (I actually tripled the recipe so I had enough for the rest of the week and they warmed up really well tooJ) I was able to make it and take it, which is super convenient.
However, as convenient as it was I still managed to dump it all over the front of my outfit while I drove into work… Luckily it was a black pants sort of day so I just wiped it off, burrito in hand, and driving. What can I say, I know how to multi-task.  

No comments:

Post a Comment