Friday, May 18, 2012

Work out the work stress...

Obviously it has been hard for me to post every day, it must have been a lofty goal but it came from a good place at least!
This past week has been very hectic and stressful. Work has caused most of the stress… Without going into too much detail, I am having a hard time teaching when I seem to care more (about their lives, education, etc.) than my students. To say my attitude is downtrodden would be an understatement. I just can’t seem to undo this pit in my stomach.
I think the hardest part is the way it affects me in my outside of work life. It carries over and I am cranky and tired when I get home.
Thankfully, the gym is a life saver for me. I plug in to my iPod crank David Guetta and Nicki Minaj and work it off. It got me thinking, I wonder if my readers would be interested in my work-outs. I know “abs are made in the kitchen and not in the gym” but a good workout helps. A lot.
So I typically focus on body parts with a six day a week schedule.
Monday- Legs
Tuesday- Chest and Bi’s
Wednesday- Legs
Thursday- Shoulders and Tri’s
Friday- Legs
It's the TRUTH TRUTH!!!!
*todays work out will include:
Front Squats
1-Legged Deadlifts with dumbbells
1-legged leg press
Inner/Outer Thigh Machine
Bench Jumps
Side Lunges with Dumbbells
Saturday- Back and abs
Each day I do 40 min to an hour of cardio, and Sundays I usually try to get an additional session of cardio in, or take a rest day. It is a lot but I make it my priority. I feel like I would rather call into work than miss the gym. It just ranks first for me. I have to allow myself the hour and a half of me time a day. Maybe it sounds selfish but the rest of my day is spent worrying, thinking, obsessing about everyone else, my students, family, friends, etc. so I depend on that time for myself to unwind. I don't think anyone should ever feel bad about making time for themselves.
Writing this post has helped me tremendously. I already feel better about the day! Have a happy and healthy day! I know I am going to… or at least try J

No comments:

Post a Comment