Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Blunders

All in all, I had a blast this weekend. Jamie and I made the trek to Westchester, NY just outside of NYC for some shopping fun with, whom else our, PIC’s (Partners in Crime, among other things) Katie and Jason.
As an introduction to those of you that don’t know, Katie is one of my very best friends and has been my gym partner for a long, long, long time. We have become very close over the past few years and I am extremely delighted that her husband and mine hit it off so well. Coincidentally, Jason is Jamie’s gym partner as well, so together; we work through the highs and lows of dieting, exercising and overall living a healthy lifestyle, and I have to say having friends that are trying to achieve the same goals we are helps soooo much!
With that said, it doesn’t mean that we don’t fall off the band wagon together too. The weekend began with generally healthy eating habits, for everyone. It changed when we stopped at subway, which happened to be in a gas station that also served one of my favorites; soft serve ice cream. So, yes, you guessed it, my first blunder. As we progressed from our driving trip there were no more slip-ups for me. We had healthy snacks, waters, and diet pop the rest of our drive there.
Saturday we woke up, went to a local dinner, and I ate an egg-white wrap with ham and cheese. It was even in a whole wheat wrap! I only ate half because I wasn’t that hungry. Lunch was a chicken salad and dinner was a half-honey roasted chicken and French fries…
If I could identify a place where it all began it would be the French fries. I woke up Sunday to make the trek back home and had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. A ham, egg and cheese on an English muffin, not the worst start to a day but it certainly could be healthier.
Then all hell broke loose, we stopped a grocery store called Stew Leonard’s. There were snacks at every turn. Delicious snacks I might add.
Then Applebee’s for lunch, spinach and artichoke dip, fries, grilled chicken sandwich, diet Pepsi. Then McDonald’s frozen yogurt. Then there was the pizza, the delicious, thin crusted goodness that is Wegmans pizza. Two slices of greasy pepperoni and cheesy goodness, then a tall glass of chocolate milk to top off the evening, with a chocolate covered rice cake.
Maybe some abs that look like this...
Yeah, that would be nice!!!
Again, I am finding it extremely hard to eat clean. It is easy for me to keep falling off the bandwagon because I don’t have a direct goal insight. There is no vacation to prepare for or fitness competition, or deadline. I am finding it harder to concentrate on the goal at hand. I need to keep going back to my original goals.
Here they are:
ü  Healthy eating habits/lifestyle
ü  Drop another 20lbs
ü  Get a Flat stomach
I am going to find something that will help motivate me and keep me motivated. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment