Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Goldfish

I have been trying to eat clean since Monday, but it is really hard without a stove.  My husband (Jamie) and I moved from our beloved first home in Webster and bought his mother’s house in Ontario. We moved in about 2 weeks ago and had been without an oven. Thankfully Jamie’s dad Steve came to our rescue and ran the gas line but we still don’t have a working oven (only the stove top works). So my post-collegiate dreams (yes, I just finished grad school!!) of baking and cooking delicious, healthy and satisfying meals have been put on hold, at least for the time being.
There has been a lot of grilled chicken and Wegmans steam in the bag veggies. Not too much fun. Too make matters worse; I can’t stop thinking about the bag of Goldfish that my co-worker brought in that is on the counter in our office. They are so crunchy and salty and cheesy and did I say salty? It is literally taking every ounce of will power I have not to rip the bag open and gobble up the tasty treats.  
Goldfish, however, do not fall under the principles of eating clean. In fact they may fall under the “Avoid all calorie-dense foods that contain little or no nutritional value”.  But I digress.
It is my hope that I will be able to cook Chicken Pepperoni and Baked Eggplant tonight for dinner. It’s one of our favorites and it is relatively low-carb and I can make it without any processed foods, except the cheese and the pepperoni but I will use antelope pepperoni from the antelope Jamie shot in Wyoming, it’s sort of organic right!?
Off to the gym I go! Have a healthy, happy day… And avoid the goldfish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment