Sunday, May 13, 2012

Motivation Where Art Thou?

Friday Night Fun!!! Jason,
Jamie, Logan and Shelby
in a sketchy tree fort!!!
The past few weeks have been a real struggle for me. My motivation has been at an all-time low. I can literally feel myself becoming complacent and content, which is not bad necessarily, but I still have goals I want to reach. Motivation don’t fail me now!
This weekend was especially challenging…
Friday rolled around and I was completely and utterly drained. We were having Katie, Jason and her son Logan over for dinner and I didn’t have time to go to the gym. Actually, I didn’t want to go to the gym. And quite frankly the thought of doing a 40 min cardio session, followed by weights made me want to lose my shit. It was official; I had reached the state of “burned out”.
Rather than go home and get ready for our guests (which is why I “didn’t have time to go to the gym”), I went shopping with Jamie, which was fun but by the time I got home the guilt started to set in. I went home and started putting away my purchases, the guilt got worse, so much so that I almost cried to my dishes. But instead, I whined to Jamie. To his credit he listened well and tried to make me feel better, but I didn’t.
Thankfully Katie came over and I told her all about my guilt and how I was literally tearing up thinking about letting myself down. Katie, being the person she is listened and gave me feedback, and by the end of the conversation we were laughing and I did feel better. We had a lot of laughs Friday night and all was well, until I was forced to eat frozen custard!
Curse the delicious twist in a dish soft-serve custard!!! By the way, when I say forced I mean that I was motivated by a being higher than myself. It projected me through the line at Hanks, opened my mouth and verbally vomited out the request for “twist in a dish”. Then like an overly eager child I gobbled it up. All of it.
Refusing to let one bad day keep me from reaching my goals!
Let the rain of guilt begin!! And with the guilt came the excuses… the “I’ve done so well”, “It’s not like I have gained any weight”, etc. In all reality, the excuses are the one thing I need to set aside if I ever want to make my goals; I have to let it all go. I have to break my patterns of complacency.
Thankfully, I woke up Saturday bright and early feeling refreshed and ready. I went to the gym, the public market, and out running around with Jamie. We had a good day and I didn’t eat that bad.
Allison, MB, Me and Megan- 5k crew.
P.S. I shaved almost 6 min off of my time
from last year!!!
Today, being mother’s day is naturally a day to over indulge, I mean, I am a mother… to my two dogs. But that counts right!? Well anyways, my day began with a banana and a 5K and ended with a small dinner serving and cookie cake. Not the exact end to my day I would’ve hoped for, but I tried, and thankfully, tomorrow is a new day.

Just have to keep reminding myself!
Over this past weekend I did a lot of thinking, and talking about my diet/working out/weight loss goals and have decided that I am going to try to lose another 10lbs June 15th. I know I can do it, but I also know it will be hard. I will keep you posted on my progress!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh.... I hear ya. Eating like a garbage disposal and can't run or work out because of surgery. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete